II) DRD- Tech courses
Active participation by all members of the department.
Dept. of Medical oncology
Recent publication and presentation:
1. Comparison of single agent chemotherapy in advanced NSCLC
, in terms of response, time of tumour progression, toxicity
and quality of life, in older patient (> 60 yrs. Of age)
------------ A pilot study.
Dr. A Dasgupta, Dr.Sallauddin Ahmed, Dr.Partha Nath, Oncology,
CNCI, KOLKATA. Poster presentation in Geriatric Oncology
Conferences. 14th to 16th Oct. 2005, TMH, Mumbai.
2. IFN alpha 2b enhances in vitro cytotxic efficacy of
peripheral blood mononuclear cells from head and neck squamous
cell carcinoma patients by including secretion of IL-2 AND
Anamika Basu, D.Ghosh, S.Pal, KK Mukherjee, J. Biswas.
and R.Baral. ----------
Poster presentation in 31st Annual conferences of Immunology
3. IFN alpha 2b augments suppressed immune function in tobacco
related head and neck squamous cell ca patients by modulating
cytokine signaling. Anamika Basu, D.Ghosh, S. Pal, KK.Mukherjee,
J. Biswas, R.Baral. ORAL ONCOLOGY (2006)42; 161-171
DEVOLOPMENT OF atlas of cancer in India
A project of the NCRP – ICMR supported by WHO
Conference and Workshops attended – by Dr.
1. XV annual state conference of Indian Association of
Pathologists and Microbiologists held on 2nd October, 2005
2. XI international CME on Surgical pathology and Cytology
held on 26th to 28th January, 2006 at Kolkata.
ENT-HEAD & NECK ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENT
. List of Publications:
i) Approximately 580Kb surrounding the MYC gene is amplified
in head & neck squamous cell carcinoma of Indian patients’
Pathology – Research and Practice, August 2005
ii) Deletion mapping of chromosome 13q in head & neck
squamous cell carcinoma in Indian patients: correlation
with prognosis of the tumor Int. Journal of Experimental
Pathology (2006) 87, 151-161
iii) Genetic alterations (Amplifications and Rearrangement)
of D-type Cyclins Loci in Head and Neck squamous cell carcinoma
in Indian Patients: prognostic significance and clinical
implications: Diagnostic Molecular Pathology, Volume 15,
November 1, March 2006
5. Participation in conferences:
The Department actively participated at the Sixth National
Meet of the Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology in Udaipur
in October 2005.
Department of Gynecological Oncology
1. “Radical vaginal hysterectomy” in State
of the Art vaginal Surgery. Eds: Goel N; Rajaram S. 1st
Edition 2006. Jaypee Brothers. New Delhi
2. “Management of abnormal Pap smear; an evidence
based guideline” in Current Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Eds: Mukherjee G. 1st Edition 2006. Jaypee Brothers, New
3. Cervical Screening by Visual Inspection with Acetic Acid
(VIA) is well. Accepted by Women - Results from a Community-based
Study in Rural India. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention.
4. Women’s perceptions and social barriers determine
compliance to cervical screening: Results from a population
based study in India. Cancer Detection and Prevention. 2006;
5. HPV Prevalence in post-radiotherapy cancer cervix patients:
association with recurrence & progression. International
Journal of Gynaecological Cancer 2006; 16: 1048-54
6. Is interferon-a and retinoic acid combination along with
radiation superior to chemo radiation in the treatment of
advanced carcinoma of cervix? Indian Journal of Cancer 2006;
7. Palliative Care – An Integral Part of Cancer Management.
Indian Journal of Gynecological Oncology. 2006; 4: 5-13.
MEDICAL RECORDS UNIT
1. Basak S, Mandal S, Ghosh TC (2005): Correlations between
genomic GC levels and optimal growth temperatures: some
comments. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications.
Vol. 327, No. 4, pp.969-970.
2. Singh RK, Dasgupta S, Bhattacharya N, Chunder N, Mondal
R, Roy A, Mandal S, Roychowdhury S, Panda CK(2005): Deletion
in chromosome 11 and Bcl-1/Cyclin D1 alterations are independently
associated with the development of uterine cervical carcinoma.
J. Cancer Res. Clin. Oncology. Vol. 131, No. 6, pp.395-406.
3. Chakraborty I, Mandal S (2005): Cancer Pattern in Kolkata
1997-2001:Population Based Cancer Registry Report. Chittaranjan
National Cancer Institute Publication 2005.